Thursday, September 23, 2010

Aspiring to be Influential


Over the last few weeks, I’ve felt more concerned about my environmental worldview and whether it affects the people around me. In my opinion, nature is like a house filled with chores. Though the chores take a long time to complete, they always have a reward. Therefore, I believe my beliefs coincide with the environmental stewardship model. Our success depends primarily on how we manage Earth’s resources.
            Whether my opinion matters or not to the world worries to me. Maybe I’m just one person that cares about our rapid use of scarce resources. Maybe I’m too young to change or inspire other people’s worldviews. But I’m okay with that. After all, it is said, “to the world, you may be one person; but to one person, you may be the world.” Hopefully, I can inspire at least one person with my respectful view of the planet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment